BRAC Monthly Lunch
Compliance with the Affordable Care Act: Just How Behind Are You?
Featuring Michael Bertaut, Health Care Economist and Exchange Coordinator, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
The Affordable Care Act requires every business to engage in a three-step process to determine their drop-dead compliance date with the employer mandate and its applicability to their businesses. This process actually began in January of 2014, but due to general confusion about delays and applicability, many business owners have not started yet. This presentation will explore the process and the risks of not engaging now.
Michael Bertaut is a certified health consultant and professional of the Academy of Healthcare Management. He is a fellow of the Academy of Applied Politics at LSU, and author of the new white paper “The Five Questions Every Business Must Answer Accurately, Monthly, Forever” which discusses the steps a business must take to be compliant with the Affordable Care Act.
Michael is recognized as a national commentator on health care reform, quoted in publications as varied as the Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, and the Morgan City Daily Review. He is a financial modeler and forecaster, responsible for predicting membership activity for the over one million people who are members of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana.
BRAC's Monthly Lunch is a great way for investors and the business community to stay informed about the work of the organization, meet fellow investors, and learn about relevant topics. The events are held on the first Tuesday of each month (unless noted).
- Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Location: Hartley/Vey Studio, Manship Theatre, Baton Rouge
- Parking: A parking garage is located at Convention Street and Third Street
- Time: 11:30am networking, 12:00pm–1:00pm program
- Cost: $20 for BRAC investors, $30 for non-investors (includes lunch)
- Information: Contact Rebecca Harris at 225-339-1174 or email@example.com
- Registration: Online registration coming soon!