It is often said that life is a journey. Each step brings one closer to their destination. For the Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) and our investors, we believe that the Baton Rouge area has the potential to be one of the leading growth economies in the U.S. South. To accomplish this, BRAC and the region must continue to strive for greater and greater success. We must think big, and pursue these efforts boldly and aggressively. We must have great alignment between local, regional, and state economic development efforts. BRAC must continue to take that next big step in 2013.
"BRAC's 2013 Strategic Plan: Taking the Next Step" provides a framework that will drive the organization’s efforts over the coming year. BRAC is in the third year of its five year strategic plan, The Creative Capital Agenda. Our annual strategic plan describes where BRAC will focus its work in 2013, how it will continue the progress toward our five year goals, and lays out our positions on a number of issues ranging from international business development to the region’s workforce situation.
BRAC will dedicate significant resources and provide aggressive, proactive leadership on these issues in 2013:
- Job Creation: secure payroll of $48 million through the retention and attraction of one thousand new direct jobs in the Capital Region
- International Development: implement a targeted recruitment program focused on foreign direct investment in the Capital Region
- Target Industries: develop strategies to attract companies in our targeted sectors and enhance our region’s competitiveness across the organization’s target industry sectors
- Small Business: advocate for tax reform and key incentives, with a focus on defending the state’s pro-business tax code
- Workforce: pursue new workforce solutions with the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) the Baton Rouge area and support legislative proposals to address workforce needs
- Transportation: support improvements to metropolitan transportation planning
- Crime: support strategies for improved public safety, following proposals by the BRAC Crime Council
Download » BRAC's 2013 Strategic Plan