The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) is a non-profit, investor-driven organization that leads economic development in the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area. Today, BRAC investors include more than 1,500 businesses, civic organizations, education institutions, and individuals. In this capacity, BRAC serves as the voice of the business community.
Economic Research and Policy Analyst
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) is a non-profit, investor-driven organization that leads economic development in the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area. BRAC investors number more than 1,500 businesses, civic organizations, education institutions, and individuals. In this capacity, BRAC serves as the voice of the business community.
The Economic Research and Policy Analyst will be responsible for tracking and understanding economic, policy, legislative, business, and market trends impacting the region. They will also maintain intelligence on the key business and policy sectors in the Baton Rouge area, lead data collection and conduct research to support and inform key policy focus areas, including workforce development, education, transportation, crime, healthcare and others. The position is responsible for staffing and supporting at least one BRAC issue council. The direct supervisor for this position is the Senior Director of Business Intelligence.
Goals and Objectives
- Assist with complex economic, policy, legislative, and fiscal analysis related to implementation of BRAC’s strategic plan
- Respond to requests for economic information from BRAC staff members, board members, investors, regional stakeholders, and the general public
- Perform data collection, analysis and reporting (e.g., population, income, economic indicators and business sector analysis) for internal and external audiences
- Lead BRAC’s Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council and small business-related efforts
- Support BRAC’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee under the supervision of a senior staff member
- Conduct research to support economic development lead generation, including identifying high-growth companies in specific geographic regions, developing target industry company lists and provide essential content to strategic initiatives
- Represent BRAC on appropriate committees and boards, as requested, to enhance the organization’s involvement and visibility in the community
- Maintain confidentiality of client and organizational information as required
- Oversee work of research and policy interns and externs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Business Intelligence, Senior Vice President of Economic Competitiveness, and Senior Vice President for Business Development
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, economics or finance
- Or, a bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus 1-2 years relevant job experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept and confident in communicating complex data-driven analysis and recommendations
- Exceptional analytical capabilities (quantitative and qualitative)
- Comfort leading diverse groups of people to achieve tangible goals
- Curiosity about and willingness to tackle big projects
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Economic Research and Policy Analyst.” No in-person or phone inquiries will be accepted for this position. Only emailed submissions will be accepted.
Baton Rouge Area Tour Guide
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber is seeking a Tour Guide to join the organization’s Talent Development team. This role is responsible for helping welcome newcomers or people considering a move to the Baton Rouge Area. The Tour Guide will conduct tours of the city, showcasing the thousands of amenities it offers. Tours take place Monday – Friday in the hours between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The position will be paid by the hour and rental cars are provided.
This position requires candidates to have a valid driver’s license and car insurance. Candidates must also love Baton Rouge and know their way around town.
Resumes will be accepted only via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Baton Rouge Area Tour Guide. Any questions should be directed to this address. Please do not contact office by phone or in person.