The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) is a non-profit, investor-driven organization that leads economic development in the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area. Today, BRAC investors include more than 1,500 businesses, civic organizations, education institutions, and individuals. In this capacity, BRAC serves as the voice of the business community.
Economic Competitiveness Coordinator
The Economic Competitiveness Coordinator (ECC) is responsible for providing administrative and operations support to the Baton Rouge Area Chamber’s Economic Competitiveness Team (BRAC EC). BRAC EC is responsible for researching and promoting the economic competitiveness of Louisiana’s 9-parish Capital Region. In so doing, the EA supports BRAC’s governmental affairs and economic competitiveness activities.
Given the high-profile, yet confidential, nature of economic competitiveness, this position supports the highest level decision-makers and advisors within the community, including but not limited to the Senior Vice President of Economic Competitiveness, Directors and Managers of Economic Competitiveness, Board Members, company CEOs, and state and local elected officials. A high degree of independent judgment and initiative must be exercised in determining the approach/action to take in non-routine situations.
Goals and Objectives
Reports to the Senior Vice President, Economic Competitiveness but supports the Economic Competitiveness team as needed with the following:
- Supports the Economic Competitiveness team with projects, events, reports, research, and other related functions, including all administrative tasks as they arise and ensures timely completion of all administrative tasks assigned.
- Assists with creating and maintaining project management systems and procedures to streamline workflow and/or improve current systems for greater efficiency in the department
- Manages calendar for SVP EC, including scheduling meetings, venues, and attendance; providing administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings; keeping relevant notes in calendar events
- Coordinate all administrative functions of BRAC’s affiliated Political Action Committee, FuturePAC, including drafting communications and agendas, creating invoices, filing public reports and registrations, taking minutes, distributing meeting packets, updating roster, and supporting fundraising activities.
- Prepare for and assist with all EC meetings including scheduling, room set-up, updating distribution lists, keeping attendance lists, and ensuring appropriate materials and technology are available.
- Collects, maintains, deposits and submits all checks and check requests for EC, BRAC, FuturePAC, and Baton Rouge Leadership, including data entry into internal software and to appropriate financial institutions.
- Maintains an event and communications calendar for the EC Team; delegates appropriate assignments and activities.
- Ensures required financial and other confidential reports, registrations, and certifications are prepared, submitted and managed as required on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Develops and maintains a clear understanding of the team and organization’s mission and goals.
- Attends external meetings as needed and represents the organization professionally and appropriately.
- Assists the Accounting Department on an as-needed basis with routine accounting work as well as special projects and audits.
- Assists with correspondence/report preparation and other administrative functions as necessary, including file maintenance, copying/printing.
- Performs administrative duties for Baton Rouge Leadership program as needed.
- Works with vendors to obtain and manage quotes and coordinate services.
- Supports preparation and distribution of reports, analysis, marketing communications, and other materials to external audiences.
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- Minimum: Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) in Business, Management, Marketing, Accounting, Communications, Non-Profit Management or related field.
- Experience supporting multiple high-level executives.
- Ability to synthesize complex work plans into step-by-step actions.
- Proficient with Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communications skills including written reports and verbal presentations.
- Self motivation around personal, professional and team goals.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and achieve completion deadlines.
- Demonstrable people skills and leadership capabilities to interact and organize various stakeholders including C-level executives, elected/appointed officials, economic development allies, legislators and community leaders.
- Strong listening skills and ability to establish rapport with business decision-makers.
- Innovative problem solver with a positive attitude, energetic and team builder/team player.
- Remains motivated and organized to successfully supporting multiple executives in a demanding high paced work environment.
- Comfort learning to use new data-based software.
- Experience with basic accounting processes and principles.
Any other duties related to the operational functions of the Economic Competitiveness Team, as may be assigned by the Senior Vice President, Economic Competitiveness
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Economic Competitiveness Coordinator.” No in-person or phone inquiries will be accepted for this position. Only emailed submissions will be accepted.
Executive Assistant and Programs Coordinator
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) is a non-profit, investor-driven organization that leads economic development in the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area. BRAC investors number more than 1,500 businesses, civic organizations, education institutions, and individuals. In this capacity, BRAC serves as the voice of the business community.
The Executive Assistant and Programs Coordinator works directly with the Senior Vice President of Business Development to assist with administrative tasks and with each of the Business Development team members to assist with program coordination and execution. This position works with internal and external administrative personnel to successfully carry out assignments and responsibilities. This position also interacts with senior level professionals of investor companies and organizations in the community when executing business development programs. Strong organization skills in scheduling, compliance, reporting, budgeting and planning are central in this position.
Goals and Objectives
- Assisting the Senior Vice President of Business Development on daily/weekly tasks of calendar and contact management, expense/lobbyist reporting and other administrative functions.
- Coordination of a monthly committee for senior level investors (Business Development Advisory Committee) – scheduling, presentation preparation (PPT, Excel, Salesforce), membership tracking, meeting minutes, maintain confidentiality agreements
- Support planning and preparation of business development events including recruiting events, project meetings and other meetings/events
- Work directly with Regional Director of Business Development on coordination and preparation of quarterly meeting with regional parish economic development representatives
- Manage compliance and reporting of state grant program, Tier 1, which involves coordinating budgeting and planning with regional parish representatives and state agency
- Assist with sites development program for billing, invoicing and any inquiries as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Vice President of Business Development
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, public relations, economics or finance
- Or, a bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus 1-2 years relevant job experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to use CRM software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort leading diverse groups of people to achieve tangible goals
- A positive presence and ability to work with a team
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant and Programs Coordinator.” No in-person or phone inquiries will be accepted for this position. Only emailed submissions will be accepted.
Baton Rouge Area Tour Guide
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber is seeking a Tour Guide to join the organization’s Talent Development team. This role is responsible for helping welcome newcomers or people considering a move to the Baton Rouge Area. The Tour Guide will conduct tours of the city, showcasing the thousands of amenities it offers. Tours take place Monday – Friday in the hours between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The position will be paid by the hour and rental cars are provided.
This position requires candidates to have a valid driver’s license and car insurance. Candidates must also love Baton Rouge and know their way around town.
Resumes will be accepted only via email at email@example.com with the subject line Baton Rouge Area Tour Guide. Any questions should be directed to this address. Please do not contact office by phone or in person.