BRAC announced applications for 2019 class of BR leadership program are open
BATON ROUGE, La. (LOCAL 33) (FOX 44) – The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) announced that the 2019 class of the Baton Rouge Area Leadership Program is now open.
Applications for the 2019 class may be submitted at brac.org/leadership.
Kelly Bieen, of BRAC said, “nominees are accepted from public and private agencies, corporations, civic and other organizations, and individual nominators. Candidates are selected by a committee of Leadership alumni on the basis of demonstrated leadership ability through career or community achievements, concern for the future of the Baton Rouge Area and commitment to the program.”
The intention of the BRAC program is to train and give successful individuals positions in the community where they can establish a network among leaders of the community and encourage participants to do more within it.
BRAC provided a list of future session dates for the class of 2019:
- August 2, 2018: Announcement Breakfast
- August 16 – 17, 2018: Opening Retreat
- September 11, 2018: Leadership Styles/Diversity
- October 9, 2018: K-12 Education
- November 13, 2018: Higher Education
- December 11, 2018: City and State Government
- January 15, 2019: Arts and Culture
- February 12, 2019: Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice
- March 12, 2019: Healthcare/Social Concerns
- April 2, 2019: Economic Development
- May 2 – 3, 2019: Closing Retreat
- June 4, 2019: Graduation Dinner
Bienn said, class of 2019 applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 31.
For more information about the Baton Rouge Area Leadership Program, visit brac.org/leadership.