Class of 24 area interns to receive leadership development training
Baton Rouge, La. (May 25, 2017) – The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) today announced the 2017 class of InternBR, presented by Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
“Attracting and retaining top talent in the Baton Rouge Area is one of the core objectives of our strategic plan,” said Adam Knapp, BRAC president and CEO. “InternBR cultivates the region’s millennial talent by providing them with crucial networking experiences and skills needed to launch a career post-graduation, while also introducing them to the many things the Capital Region has to offer.”
The program is designed to give area interns the professional leadership and communication skills needed for success in their current internships and as they prepare for full-time employment after graduation, while strengthening their connection to the Baton Rouge Area. Along with professional development training, the interns will participate in networking events and further engage with their community through philanthropic and social activities.
Specific skills to be addressed include professional communication, behavior preferences, leadership styles and personal branding. The six-week program culminates in a graduation ceremony on July 28.
The selected participants for the 2017 program are:
- Ian Andrepont, TEDxLSU
- Laine Arnold, Friends of Baton Rouge Zoo
- Megan Barranco, Faulk and Winkler, LLC
- Alyssa Broussard, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Graham Daniels, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Patrick Doyle, Strategies By Design
- Jonalyn Fair, Southern University
- Taylor Harlan, Faulk and Winkler, LLC
- Dale Honeycutt, Banana Republic
- Thomas Laborde, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Austin McMichael, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
- Anna Michiels, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
- William Montag, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Kyle Peters, IBM
- Alyssa Rauchle, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Damian Runkle, Vinformatix
- Austin Ryan, IBM
- Kyle Sarre, IBM
- Lauren Schneida, Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
- Austin Toffoli, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Miles Vesper, IBM
- Emily Watts, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Summer West, C-K Associates, LLC
- Courtney Wright, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
About the Baton Rouge Area Chamber
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) leads economic development in the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area, working to grow jobs and wealth and to improve the business climate and competitiveness in the region. Today, BRAC investors include more than 1,500 small businesses, midsize firms, large industry and entrepreneurial startups, as well as individuals and organizations that support business and economic development. In this capacity, BRAC serves as the voice of the business community, providing knowledge, access, services and advocacy. More information is available at brac.org.