Class of 25 area interns selected for leadership development training
Baton Rouge, LA (May 30, 2019) – The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) today announced the 2019 cohort of its InternBR program, presented by Gallagher.
The program is designed to give area interns the professional leadership and communication skills needed for success in their current internships and as they prepare for full-time employment after graduation, while strengthening their connection to the Baton Rouge Area. Along with professional development training, the interns participate in networking events and further engage with the community through philanthropic and social activities.
Specific skills to be addressed include professional communication, behavior preferences, leadership styles and personal branding. The eight-week program culminates in a graduation ceremony on July 26.
“Attracting and retaining top talent in the Baton Rouge Area is a priority for BRAC and for businesses throughout the region,” said Adam Knapp, BRAC president and CEO. “InternBR is a fantastic tool for the region’s young talent to connect through networking experiences and skill-building, in an environment that reinforces the Capital Region as a great place to launch a career post-graduation.”
The selected participants for the 2019 program are:
- Louis Angelloz, Labarre Associates
- Chet Andrews, Lamar Advertising Company
- Blake Bean, Gallagher
- Jenee’ Benoit, Barker Property Management
- Sarah Bourgeois, Gallagher
- AlannieBroussard, LSU Residential Life
- Catherine Cangelosi, Gallagher
- Paul Cassisa, ElifinRealty
- Bradley del Rio,Gallagher
- Walker Fleming, Accurate Medical Billing
- Sam Grayson, Emergent Method
- Margaret Higgins, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
- Hunter Hill, Gallagher
- David Lehman,Governor’s Fellows Program
- Ashlyn Lyons, New York Life
- Corynn Major, Gallagher
- Peter Mata, Faulk & Winkler
- Stoney McLarty, Armentor & Associates
- Mikayla Moss, Kids’ Orchestra
- Peyton Phillips, Hannis Bourgeois
- Claire Popov, Gallagher
- Zachary Roubein, Emergent Method
- Shale Silva, Gallagher
- Justin Sumrall, Gallagher
- KennadiWells, Kids’ Orchestra
Gallagher is the presenting sponsor and Hannis T. Bourgeois is a participant scholarship sponsor.
About the Baton Rouge Area Chamber
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) leads economic development in the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area, working to grow jobs and wealth and to improve the business climate and competitiveness in the region. Today, BRAC investors include more than 1,500 small businesses, mid-sized firms, large industry and entrepreneurial startups, as well as individuals and organizations that support business and economic development. In this capacity, BRAC serves as the voice of the business community, providing knowledge, access, services and advocacy. More information is available at www.brac.org.
Morgan is the Marketing Manager for the Baton Rouge Area Chamber. In her role, she manages writing organizational publications and materials, oversees BRAC’s social media and blog, and coordinates timelines for all internal marketing projects.