InternBR celebrates graduation of 23 participants
Baton Rouge, LA (July 28, 2017) – The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) today held a graduation ceremony for the InternBR program’s Class of 2017.
InternBR, presented by Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., is an initiative of BRAC’s Talent Development program designed to invest in top millennial talent to assist area employers with talent attraction and retention. The program provides post high school-age students with professional development training focused on soft skills.
The class of 23 area interns attended six weekly sessions, each centered on a specific area of professional development. The program began with an opening retreat focusing on the qualities of effective leadership and communication and culminated with participants using their newly-learned skills during a networking session where they met with area young professionals.
Other focus areas included personal branding, professional communication, behavior preferences and leadership styles. The students also engaged in professional, service and social opportunities to learn more about the Capital Region.
InternBR participants were selected through a competitive application process, resulting in a 23-student InternBR cohort, with interns from 11 organizations. The InternBR Class of 2017 and their internship companies are listed below.
- Ian Andrepont, TEDxLSU
- Laine Arnold, Friends of Baton Rouge Zoo
- Megan Barranco, Faulk and Winkler, LLC
- Alyssa Broussard, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Graham Daniels, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Patrick Doyle, Strategies By Design
- Jonalyn Fair, Southern University
- Taylor Harlan, Faulk & Winkler, LLC
- Thomas Laborde, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Austin McMichael, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
- Anna Michiels, Baton Rouge Area Chamber
- Will Montag, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Kyle Peters, IBM
- Alyssa Rauchle, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Damian Runkle, Vinformatix
- Austin Ryan, IBM
- Kyle Sarre, IBM
- Lauren Schneida, LA Dept. of Transportation and Development
- Austin Toffoli, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Miles Vesper, IBM
- Emily Watts, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Summer West, C-K Associates, LLC
- Courtney Wright, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
The InternBR program serves to attract and retain the region’s talent, one of BRAC’s chief objectives. To learn more about InternBR, visit www.brac.org/internbr.
About the Baton Rouge Area Chamber
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) leads economic development in the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area, working to grow jobs and wealth and to improve the business climate and competitiveness in the region. Today, BRAC investors include more than 1,500 small businesses, midsize firms, large industry and entrepreneurial startups, as well as individuals and organizations that support business and economic development. In this capacity, BRAC serves as the voice of the business community, providing knowledge, access, services and advocacy. More information is available at brac.org.