Diversity Star Award to recognize regional businesses for advancing the goals of diversity and inclusion
Baton Rouge, La. (May 17, 2022) – The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) today announced it is now accepting applications for its Diversity Star Award to spotlight and honor regional businesses that champion diversity and inclusion. The award application process is open to all businesses in the nine-parish Capital Region regardless of size or whether the business is a BRAC investor. Applications for the 2022 Diversity Star Award are open through June 30 at brac.org/diversitystar.
“Recipients of the Diversity Star Award embody BRAC’s goal of creating a more inclusive economy in our local community,” said Jerry Lebold, chair of BRAC’s Diversity & Inclusion Council and senior vice president at BASF. “We look forward to celebrating the honorees and sharing their DEI best practices for other organizations to consider.”
A selection of members from BRAC’s Diversity & Inclusion Council will participate in a judges panel to oversee the evaluation, selection, and presentation of the Diversity Star Award.
“Creating a more inclusive economy takes focus and collaboration from the entire business community,” said Adam Knapp, BRAC President & CEO. “The Diversity Star Award honors those companies being intentional and persistent in their commitment to greater economic inclusion in the Baton Rouge Area, which ultimately enhances the overall vibrancy and growth potential of the region.”
A winner will be selected in both a small and large business category.
Nominees will be evaluated on their local Capital Region operations, activities, and impact through the following criteria:
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in business and community through a statement of values or demonstrated track record.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in their management structure, board makeup, and company culture, including processes for career progression and promotion.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in their workforce through company goals and efforts to recruit, retain and nurture a culturally diverse workforce.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in the marketplace through company goals and efforts in procurement practices that reflect a diverse vendor and supply chain.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity within their community through active support and collaboration with area initiatives to improve and recognize diversity in the Capital Region.
Applications for the 2022 Diversity Star Award will be accepted until Thursday, June 30. Awards will be conferred at BRAC’s Economic Inclusion Symposium presented by DOW in August.
Honorees recognized in 2021 were City Year Baton Rouge in the small business category and BASF Corporation in the large business category.
To apply, or to get more information on the award, visit brac.org/diversitystar.
About the Baton Rouge Area Chamber
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) is an aggressively ambitious regional economic development organization with a bias for action. BRAC seeks to push Baton Rouge beyond the status quo, unleash its potential, and support a vibrant business community that believes the finish line does not exist. BRAC seeks to accelerate economic opportunity in the Baton Rouge Area, for everyone, through BRING IT! Baton Rouge, its five-year, regional strategic plan. Learn more about BRAC at brac.org.