As of Friday, the state has entered into Phase III of reopening. The governor’s proclamation puts in effect changes that allow for greater business operation throughout the state.
At a high level, the changes include:
- Bars in parishes with a 5% positivity rate or lower for two consecutive weeks can reopen under local government approval. Bars can operate at 25% capacity, or up to 50 people, and all patrons must be seated.
- All alcohol service must cease at 10 p.m.
- Businesses including restaurants, salons, shopping malls and gyms may expand occupancy to 75%
- Indoor gatherings, including weddings and birthday parties, can operate with 50% capacity up to 250 people
- All other non-essential businesses not specifically listed may expand occupancy to 75%
The statewide mask mandate remains in place.