BRING IT! Baton Rouge is BRAC's regional, five-year strategic plan. It tackles the big problems, facilitates the tough conversations, and charts a path to lead the business community to increasingly greater heights. Developed with Ernst & Young through extensive planning that included stakeholder input, quantitative data analysis, benchmarking against 40 peer U.S. regions, and community surveying, the BRING IT! strategy elevates four big goals:
These four goals, each of equal importance, each connected to the others, form a virtuous cycle for economic growth.
BRING IT! Strategy
Rooted firmly in data, the BRING IT! strategy identifies the region’s opportunities and charts a path to put Baton Rouge among the leading economies in the country. Developed with Ernst & Young through extensive planning that included stakeholder input, quantitative data analysis, benchmarking against 40 peer U.S. regions, and community surveying, the BRING IT! strategy elevates four big goals:
Bolster our talent pipeline
- BRING IT! Big Outcome: Increase percentage of regional population aged 25 – 44 by 5%
- Thriving peer metros and innovation hubs retain and attract a larger percentage of this demographic than the Baton Rouge Area. Increasing this percentage regionally will also reflect a reversal of net out-migration of young professionals.
Diversify our industry base & job opportunities
- BRING IT! Big Outcome: Grow 500 new jobs in emerging sectors
- Economic growth in the Baton Rouge Area has been fairly moderate over the past decade, and recent growth has been concentrated in the construction sector. Adding 500 new jobs in our emerging sectors —life sciences, software, renewable energy, and water— over the next five years will signal a strong shift towards economic diversification.
Create a more inclusive economy
- BRING IT! Big Outcome: Attract $100M of private investment into disinvested communities
- Many disparities in the Baton Rouge Area fall along racial and gender lines in concentrated geographic areas. Strategically attracting new investment in these areas will help enhance the region’s overall vibrancy and growth potential.
Enhance our region’s livability
- BRING IT! Big Outcome: Boost perceptions of the Baton Rouge Area by 20%
- Based on stakeholder input, the Baton Rouge Area suffers from an overall negative perception of itself. Eliminating this narrative will have positive effects on the region’s ability to attract talent and businesses.
BRING IT! Funders
We’re Ready to BRING IT, Are You?
With your support, strong partnerships, and the BRING IT! attitude, BRAC has the capacity to accelerate economic opportunity for everyone in the region.
Contact our team to discuss how your organization can engage with and provide meaningful support to the BRING IT! strategy.