Live Capitalized: Fete Rouge Festivities
If food and wine festivals have you daydreaming it’s time to book your calendar, because Fete Rouge is back with its 13th Annual Food & Wine Fete. Spend your Friday evening at L’auberge Casino, where you will be wined and dined (pun intended) throughout the night. For $75 a ticket you will have the chance to taste over 200 wines while also viewing and tasting a Louisiana chefs’ competition of over 30 restaurants. Those in attendance will have the chance to win an “instant wine cellar” of 200 bottles of wine!
Flavor of the Week: Your Next Local Cuppa
We’ve all got our favorite local coffee shops around town, but what about a favorite local coffee batch? Titan Coffee Co., based in Baton Rouge, just launched earlier this year and has already seen success in the small-batch coffee world. Named after owner Drew Maranto’s rescue dog Titan, the coffee company currently has three house blends, two single origin coffees, and a cold brew blend. You can find the brew at local pop up shops across town or at Alexander’s Highland Market.
Snap a pic of your local brew and tag it with #thinkBR for a chance to be featured on the BRAC blog.
Workin’ It: Entry Level IT Support Specialist
General Informatics is seeking an Entry Level IT Support Specialist to provide help desk support. Responsibilities include installing and upgrading software applications, installing new system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches and resolving software problems. Some experience with implementations and support of networks is required, as well as experience in a Microsoft Windows environment. An excellent reference and a clean background is preferred.
In the “Workin’ It” section of the newsletter we feature exciting job opportunities and/or professional organizations in the Baton Rouge Area. The positions featured are from companies who are BRAC investors and not necessarily positions at BRAC. For more information about BRAC’s talent development program or to advertise an open position, email email@example.com.
My Baton Rouge: Trivia Around Town
Baton Rouge is teeming with trivia nights, so if you’re looking to kick back after a long day of work with some good drink specials and fun brain teasers, then we’ve got you covered.
- Monday: Head to Mid Tap BR for variety trivia starting at 7:30 p.m. Tin Roof Brewing Co will provide swag and beer samples for all to enjoy! If you’re looking to hone your skills on one topic, check out Topgolf for a Game of Thrones themed night starting at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: Check out RocknRoll Sushi for random trivia questions and the chance to win some cash! The fun starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Get half-price bottles of wine while testing your knowledge at Creole Cabana starting at 7 p.m. or dive into some pizza and get a chance to win restaurant credit at Mellow Mushroom starting at 8 p.m.
- Thursday: Head to Park Place in Gonzales for their weekly randomized trivia starting at 8 p.m.
Mind-churning brain teasers and good laughs any day of the week, that’s my Baton Rouge.
In the “My Baton Rouge” section of the newsletter, we feature people or events that help tell the story of Baton Rouge. To submit an idea, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Out on the Town
- Live After Five Lineup Reveal, August 15, be the first to find out the lineup for this fall’s Live After Five series while enjoying cocktails and live music
- Vibes in the Ville, August 17, head to Main Street in St. Francisville for a day full of shopping local
- Red Magnolia Theatre Company 2019 Fundraiser, August 22, enjoy a slew of performances while helping raise money for Red Magnolia Theatre Company
- 2019 Zoo Run 5K, August 24, go for a run while taking in wild sights
For more local events, visit the Life in BR Events Page.