Whether you are celebrating Valentine’s Day with your significant other, parents, kids, gal pals, or bros, feelings of love are flying in the air. This time of year, we are making sure to tell our loved ones just how much we care about them.
Take a peek at a few of the ways you can spread love this Valentine’s Day:
- Take the traditional route and shower your special person with sweets and flowers. Flowers from Baton Rouge’s Billy Heroman’s or Denham Springs’ Pretty-N-Pink paired with Baum’s petit fours or Cupcake Allie’s small cakes are sure to sweep anyone off their feet.
- Reserve a table for a romantic dinner for two – it’s a classic option that never fails. The Baton Rouge Area is overflowing with delicious dinner spots, but a few of our favorites are Nino’s, Stab’s, Little Village, and Café Americain.
- For the ladies out there, round up all your gal pals and join the Baton Rouge Fashion Council at Blend on February 15 for Galentine’s Day (grab your gals and waffles…or your waffles and gals). At this event, celebrate your lady friends while sipping on wine and getting a FREE hair curling!
- Visit the Louisiana Art and Science Museum for their BASF Kids’ Lab. At this kid-centric event, children will learn about the chemistry of a banana. It may be an unusual Valentine’s choice, but we promise the chemistry will be bubbling!
- Shake up your usual Valentine’s traditions and try a partner painting class at Painting and Pinot in Baton Rouge. Create a two-piece painting with your significant other or take your kiddos out for a painting date.
Flavor of the Week: Rocca Pizzeria
If there’s anything that we can all agree on, it’s that pizza reigns over all other foods. It’s cheesy, it’s saucy, it’s delicious (do not debate us). So, when we heard owners of LIT Pizza and Izzo’s Illegal Burrito where bringing a new concept pizzeria to the Capital Region, we were already sold.
Rocca Pizzeria officially opened its first location on Government Street in Baton Rouge just last week. Serving up wood-fired pizzas, sandwiches, delectable desserts and an extensive drink list, this place has something for everyone. Taking pride in their cooking techniques, Rocca Pizzeria says they are inspired by the Neapolitan pizza tradition and that they are bringing “old-world Italy, right in Mid-City.”
Stop by and grab a meal! Share with us a picture of your dinner and you may just end up on our blog.
Workin’ It: Division Operations Manager
An area organization is seeking a Division Operations Manager to direct existing service line groups that reside in multiple locations. The position will oversee all operations to ensure quality, sustainability, and long-term growth while cultivating exceptional service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Specific responsibilities include talent management, developing and mentoring employees, ensuring efficient operations, generating sales opportunities, maintaining customer accounts, participating in client events, and more. The ideal candidate has at least seven years of industry or operations experience, at least three years of management or leadership experience, experience with budgets, and the flexibility to travel.
Does this sound like a job for you? For more information, email email@example.com.
In the “Workin’ It” section of the newsletter we feature exciting job opportunities and/or professional organizations in the Baton Rouge Area. The positions featured are from companies who are BRAC investors and not necessarily positions at BRAC. For more information about the job, employer or organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Baton Rouge: Lookin’ Good Baton Rouge
National Geographic Traveler recently named Baton Rouge in its “30 Best Small Cities in the U.S.” The list of cities was decided upon by unconventional metrics that National Geographic Traveler thinks produces happiness, including: Most Artsy, Most Instagrammed, Most Caffeniated, Most Dog-Friendly and more.
Baton Rouge won the superlative of “Best Groomed” for its barber shops, hair salons and other cosmetic services (oh la la). Webb’s Barber Shop and Mercer Supply Co. were specifically called out for their superb grooming services.
A nationally-recognized good-looking city, that is my Baton Rouge.
In the “My Baton Rouge” section of the newsletter, we feature people or events that help tell the story of Baton Rouge. To submit an idea, email email@example.com.
Out on the Town
- 2018 Krewe of Southdowns Parade, February 9, celebrate Carnival season at this family-friendly night parade in Baton Rouge
- Fancy Nancy Valentine Tea, February 10, sip on tea at this fancy Valentine’s party at the West Feliciana Parish Library
- Mardi Gras at the Museum, February 12, immerse your kids in a full-on Mardi Gras experience at this fun and informative event at the Knock, Knock Children’s Museum
- Yappy Hour, February 15, enjoy a drink at The Bulldog and proceeds will go to Companion Animal Alliance
For more local events, visit the Life in BR Events Page.