Now that we’re in Phase One of reopening, some of our Capital Region favorites are back up and running and ready to serve you! Let’s rediscover some old favorites:
- The BREC Baton Rouge Zoo is officially open and all of the animals are waiting to see you! The zoo has implemented a one-way walking system and limitations on seating for shows and the café to maximize public safety.
- Plenty of gyms and fitness centers are back open and accepting customers at 25 percent capacity. Call your local gym, find out if they’re open and get back to the grind!
- The BREC Golf Courses opened in late April and are ready to see your best game. There are a few restrictions on tee time and limited access to clubhouse bathrooms to ensure the health and safety of golfers.
- The outdoor areas of the LSU Rural Life Museum are open for visitors. Stop by and get in touch with your Louisiana roots.
- Looking for a little art in your life? The LSU Museum of Art is now open and following capacity guidelines set by the state. And the Louisiana Art and Science Museum will pilot its reopening this Saturday, May 30. be sure to check them out.
Flavor of the Week: Patio Dining in Style
Many restaurants have opened their patios for dining, and others have created outdoor dining spaces for customers to come and enjoy. With the beautiful weather we’ve been having lately, it’s hard to resist paying them a visit! Some on our radar are Zippy’s, Bumsteers, Drago’s, and DiGiulio Brothers. Reach out to your favorite restaurant to see if they’re offering patio dining. If not, many are still offering pick up options for you to enjoy.
Workin’ It: BR Works at brac.org/recovery
BR Works, an initiative of BRAC, was created to help connect people to local job opportunities during the COVID-19 pandemic. The site lists job opportunities with local companies along with other various resources for job seekers such as scholarship and insurance applications. There are nearly 100 companies posting current openings.
Any company in the nine-parish region can have its open job positions added to the site. Want to add an open position? Simply complete the Workforce Impact Form.
In the “Workin’ It” section of the newsletter we feature exciting job opportunities and/or professional organizations in the Baton Rouge Area. The positions featured are from companies who are BRAC investors and not necessarily positions at BRAC. For more information about BRAC’s talent development program or to advertise an open position, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Baton Rouge: Back to Business BR
As the Stay at Home order was lifted and we entered Phase One of reopening, a coalition of 33 partners joined together to announce Back to Business BR, an initiative celebrating the importance of getting back to work and being safe in the workplace. The initiative is a large-scale media campaign encouraging residents to support local businesses and spur economic recovery. Use the hashtag #b2bBR on your social media posts and tell us how you’re supporting local and getting back to business! And learn more about the initiative in BRAC’s latest blog post.
Supporting the local economy through times of hardship, that’s my Baton Rouge.
In the “My Baton Rouge” section of the newsletter, we feature people or events that help tell the story of Baton Rouge. To submit an idea, email email@example.com.