Check out these upcoming events and small business workshops in the Capital Region:
Wednesday, April 25
8 – 11:30 a.m.
BRAC is hosting an employer workshop to teach area companies how to navigate the development stages of expanding an internship program. Workshop topics include: internship best practices, recruiting, feedback, and a Q&A session with area experts.
Tuesday, May 1
6 – 8 p.m.
The Baton Rouge SCORE Chapter is hosting a free workshop on the basics of starting your own business.
Wednesday, May 9
11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
BRAC’s annual Diversity in Business event presented by ExxonMobil and Georgia Pacific returns May 9 and will include a networking lunch followed by a keynote address by Deborah Elam, President and CEO of Corporate Playbook and former Chief Diversity Officer of General Electric and President of the GE Foundation. To find additional events and small business workshops happening in the Capital Region, make sure to check out these online resources:
- Louisiana Entrepreneur Assistance Portal (LEAP)
- LEAP allows you to search regional events by type, including conferences, networking events, and pitch events.
- Baton Rouge Area SCORE
- SCORE offers numerous small business training workshops and webinars throughout the year.
- Louisiana Small Business Development Center
- The LSBDC at Southern University provides numerous small business training workshops throughout the year.
This monthly blog series is intended to engage the small business community and enhance the region’s competitiveness by arming the small business community with information on regional resources and services and communicating important policy issues impacting job creation.