Looking for small business resources? Check out these resources located in the Capital Region:
- BRAC’s business guides aim to provide a single source for the information business owners need to start, grow and succeed. Here you’ll find business resources specific to the Capital Region, covering everything from how to organize a business plan to accessing startup capital.
- Through Louisiana Economic Development you can search resources by region and explore the state’s programs specific to small businesses, such as CEO Roundtables and LED’s Economic Gardening Initiative.
- LEAP provides an advanced search tool that allows you to explore regional resources to meet specific business needs. You can search by specific service categories, including workforce assistance, state incentives, and government contracting assistance. LEAP also allows you to search regional events by type, including conferences, networking events, and pitch events.
- The LSBDC at Southern University provides individual consulting services to small businesses in the region, as well as training and workshops.
- SCORE offers free business mentoring, no to low-cost business training and workshops, as well as an extensive resource and tool library, offering everything from business plan templates to a website name suggestion generator.
This monthly blog series is intended to engage the small business community and enhance the region’s competitiveness by arming the small business community with information on regional resources and services and communicating important policy issues impacting job creation.