Meet John Overton
Organization: Turn Key Solutions, LLC
BRAC Involvement: 2018 Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council Chairman, 2018 board member, 2018 executive committee member, plus many previous committee memberships
What does your organization do?
Turn Key Solutions is an I.T. service company. We install and support business computer, network and phone systems. We specialize in environments with complex integration and security needs such as hospitals and businesses with multiple locations.
What are some advantages of being located/doing business in the Capital Region?
- Opportunity: The Capital Region continues to grow, especially in industries where we have specialized strengths, such as healthcare. The Capital Region is headquarters to many companies with multiple locations across Louisiana and the U.S., so having our headquarters here puts us in a great position to leverage our strengths in technologies such as cloud computing and secure data and voice communications.
- Team: The Capital Region is not only home to most of our staff (we have team members in Alexandria and NOLA too), but it also offers quality-of-life features that appeal to candidates we work to recruit from out of the area.
- Advocacy: For over 15 years, we have been committed to making a positive impact on the legislative environment in which small businesses like us operate. Being near the State Capitol makes it easier to stay informed and engaged with our legislators and organizations like BRAC that work to protect and promote the interests of small businesses and our employees.
Why did you decide to invest in BRAC?
We wanted the opportunity to get engaged with our business community and make a tangible impact with our investment of time and money.
What would you say to companies contemplating joining BRAC?
Joining BRAC is joining a team of fellow professionals and highly–competent BRAC staff working together to improve the region where we live and work. We are a winning team and an inclusive team. Every member can make an impact.
What do you anticipate for your company in the next five years? For the Capital Region?
- Businesses in every industry will see the “Internet of Things” provide new opportunities for integration and efficiencies, but there will also be new security risks. This will continue to drive demand in areas where Turn Key Solutions has strengths: Vetting and deploying technologies that help our clients work more efficiently–and securely. To maintain our competitive advantages, we are investing more than ever in our employees through training, certification, and mentorship programs. There are incredible career growth opportunities for our employees to do what they love.
- I believe that within these next five years the Capital Region will finally have tangible progress on transportation infrastructure. The optimism that will breathe into the region will be transformative. But the biggest opportunity for transformation is NOT in catching up, but rather in inspiring the region’s commitment to continued progress. I believe that within these next five years we will see not only new roads and bridges taking formation, but also new processes and collaborations that ensure continued progress. I am excited about the potential for a little real progress to inspire the long-term changes needed to sustain vibrant growth.
BRAC is an investor-driven organization leading economic development in the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area. BRAC’s investor base includes small businesses, midsize firms, large industry and entrepreneurial startups, as well as other individuals and organizations.
Each month, BRAC highlights one of its investors in the Investor Spotlight. To learn more about becoming an investor, visit the Join BRAC page or schedule a meeting with BRAC’s Investor Development and Relations team.