Organization Description: The Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) accelerates economic opportunity in the Baton Rouge Area, for everyone. BRAC is an aggressively ambitious regional economic development organization with a bias for action. BRAC seeks to push Baton Rouge beyond the status quo, unleash its potential, and support a vibrant business community that believes the finish line does not exist. BRAC’s core values of leadership, inclusivity, objectivity, optimism, and persistence drive individual, team, and organizational decision making.
Supporting BRAC’s Core Strategies
BRAC’s goal is to perform at the highest level as a professional, nationally competitive regional economic development organization for the nine-parish Baton Rouge Area. The Marketing Manager/Director develops marketing material, manages projects and ensures organizational messages are consistent.
The Marketing Manager/Director is responsible for supporting a variety of projects and programs. Role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
- Conceptualize and execute multichannel campaigns ensuring alignment of communications and messaging in all channels, including but not limited to BRAC’s national talent attraction campaign, BR Works, Handshake, etc.
- Work closely with the Senior Vice President of Marketing to make critical decisions about the management, quality, and strategy behind BRAC’s creative projects and resources
- Manage paid and in-kind creative agency and media relationships, budgets, and strategic direction and execution
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
- Collaborate with Senior Vice President of Marketing to ensure marketing campaigns align with communications strategies
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Manage timeline for internal and external marketing projects, collaborating with the Marketing Coordinator to ensure the team’s project management tool, Basecamp, is utilized to meet deadlines
- Lead development and execution of marketing strategies to support BRAC events
- Meet with other departments within BRAC regularly to forecast and support their upcoming marketing needs
- Serve as support for events, as requested
- Perform other duties, as assigned
The Marketing Manager/Director will report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, familiarity with marketing operations and brand management, strong creativity skills, well-developed time management skills, and the ability to seek innovative solutions and take initiative to achieve goals. A bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA or MA is preferred. A minimum of three years of experience in marketing, advertising, communications, and/or public relations is required. Additionally, proficiency with Microsoft Office products, experience in agency management, and experience with project management tools is required.
This role will serve as a manager or director position based on experience.