Livingston Parish is one of the Capital Region’s fastest growing areas. With its exceptional schools and affordable housing options, its population continues to grow, benefited by its satellite location to East Baton Rouge. The variety of communities in the parish each have something unique and different to offer. From the rolling pine forests in the north to the Lake Maurepas marshes in the south, Livingston has something for everyone. For demographic information on Livingston, visit our regional data page.
Denham Springs lies just 10 minutes east of the Capital City. Once a quiet suburb, Denham Springs is now the center of Livingston Parish commercial and residential activity. With its diverse housing options, quality school choices, and growing local business scene, Denham is an ideal location for families. People travel from all around to visit the city’s Bass Pro Shop, Aqua PARDS Water Park, and Greystone Golf & Country Club.
Locals love Denham Springs because:
- It’s partially bordered by the Amite River, a great location for outdoor activities like hiking, boating and fishing.
- It’s the largest municipality in Livingston Parish. Its nearness to Baton Rouge allows residents to have their choice of urban or rural living with direct access to the Capital City.
- Mixed-use community Juban Crossing provides an amenity-rich place for residents and visitors to shop, live, work and play. Currently, Juban Crossing features some of the city’s best retail and restaurants, including Movie Tavern, a first-class entertainment venue with in-seat dining.
- For anyone looking for a unique shopping or “picking” experience, the Denham Springs Antique District is considered one of the best and most affordable antique shopping experiences in Louisiana.
Walker is a small city that doesn’t feel so small to its residents. With just over 6,000 residents and only a 10-minute drive from Baton Rouge, Walker has just about everything that a big city can offer with all the comforts of a small town. Its high-performing schools, affordable housing, and continued growth make Walker an ideal location for individuals and families of all ages.
Locals love Walker because:
- Walker is only a 10-minute drive from Baton Rouge.
- The city boasts exceptional public schools, making the location ideal for families.