Attracting and retaining top talent in the Baton Rouge Area is one of the core objectives of BRAC’s strategic plan. The InternBR Summer Cohort, founded by BRAC in 2016, is an exciting step toward cultivating the young professional talent in the Capital Region, introducing them to all that Baton Rouge offers, and providing a network for them to launch professional careers after graduation.
InternBR also provides employer programming throughout the year including resources and workshops designed to help area employers start or expand internship programs within their companies. To find the next workshop, browse events.
The curriculum of the InternBR program is designed to provide area interns with professional communication and leadership skills needed to excel in their current internship and as they launch their career in Baton Rouge. The curriculum is designed to accomplish the following goals:
- Provide student interns with professional communication and leadership training
- Provide student interns the opportunity to network with other area interns
- Provide student interns the opportunity to further engage with their community through philanthropic and social activities
- Increase and further develop the talent pool for area employers
InternBR Summer 2020 Virtual Series
presented by Gallagher
To abide by social distancing guidelines, this year the InternBR program will be conducted through a virtual platform. The eight-session virtual series will take place each Tuesday and Thursday in July and will include professional development lessons on effective communication, goal setting, navigating crucial conversations, translating skills on a resume, and more. The program is designed for interns and college-aged participants. Businesses in the nine-parish Capital Region are encouraged to have their summer student interns participate. Please register for each session you’d like to attend below.
Find links to all the recordings of completed sessions below.
- Finding Your Career Path in BR, Tuesday, July 7, Noon – 1 p.m.
- Tips for Working Virtually, Thursday, July 9, Noon – 1 p.m.
- Tips and Tricks to Be Your Most Productive Self, Tuesday, July 14, Noon – 1 p.m.
- How to Successfully Navigate Crucial Conversations in the Workplace, Thursday, July 16, Noon – 1 p.m.
- Communicate Your Way to the Top, Tuesday, July 21, Noon – 1 p.m.
- Goal Set Your Way to Success, Thursday, July 23, Noon – 1 p.m.
- My Internship is Over, Now What?, Tuesday, July 28, Noon – 1 p.m.
- Career Advice from BR’s Movers & Shakers, Thursday, July 30, Noon – 1 p.m.