Make informed business decisions by utilizing BRAC’s local knowledge of the area.
Community Profiles & Demographics Database
Use the Community Profiles & Demographics Database to build your own demographic report for the region, a specific parish, or city based on varying categories including age, behaviors, education and more, or review public reports already created.
BRAC's Quarterly Job Openings Analysis
Twice annually, BRAC releases a regional jobs analysis of openings and corresponding in-demand skills. The reports are broken down by the key industries of healthcare, tech, industrial, and logistics, and include sector-specific information on top occupations, top hard skills, most common skills, education breakdown, companies hiring, and top qualifications.
- There were 78,486 unique job postings in the Capital Region between July and December of 2022, with a median advertised salary of $42,700;
- The State of Louisiana posted more jobs than any other organization in the first half of the year, with more than 2,000 unique postings;
- Communication is the most sought-after common skill by employers, showing up in 35% of all job postings;
- Healthcare (6,778) and retail (6,421) had the most postings of any industries over the timeframe;
- There were 2,543 unique job postings for registered nurses, 2,220 for retail salespersons and 2,005 for first-line supervisors of retail sales workers;
- The two most in-demand occupations in the tech sector are computer user support specialists and computer systems analysts.