Make informed business decisions by utilizing BRAC’s local knowledge of the area.
Community Profiles & Demographics Database
Use the Community Profiles & Demographics Database to build your own demographic report for the region, a specific parish, or city based on varying categories including age, behaviors, education and more, or review public reports already created.
BRAC's Quarterly Job Openings Analysis
Each quarter, BRAC releases a regional jobs analysis of openings and corresponding in-demand skills. The reports are broken down by the key industries of healthcare, tech, industrial, and logistics, and include sector-specific information on top occupations, top hard skills, most common skills, education breakdown, companies hiring, and top qualifications.
Q2 2021 Key Takeaways
- There were more than 32,000 unique job postings in the Capital Region as of June 2021;
- The two most high-demand occupations, truck drivers and registered nurses, have remained the top two high-demand occupations since January. Both of these occupations are in industries that were resilient during the pandemic;
- Licensed practical nursing remains the top sought after certification among healthcare employers;
- In the tech sector, employers are most interested in SQL, Agile and Java in regards to skills and certifications – SQL and Java have remained a top sought after skill;
- In manufacturing and construction, the greatest demand is for supervisors of skilled craft workers;
- In the logistic sector, there is high-demand for passenger vehicle driver likely due to increased demand for drivers for food delivery and ride sharing. Truck drivers still remain in high-demand.