Make informed business decisions by utilizing BRAC’s local knowledge of the area.
Community Profiles & Demographics Database
Use the Community Profiles & Demographics Database to build your own demographic report for the region, a specific parish, or city based on varying categories including age, behaviors, education and more, or review public reports already created.
BRAC's Quarterly Job Openings Analysis
Each quarter, BRAC releases a regional jobs analysis of openings and corresponding in-demand skills. The reports are broken down by the key industries of healthcare, tech, industrial, and logistics, and include sector-specific information on top occupations, top hard skills, most common skills, education breakdown, companies hiring, and top qualifications.
Q4 2021 Key Takeaways
- There were more than 54,000 unique job postings in the Capital Region as of November 2021, with a median advertised salary of $50,100 which is a 4.8% increase over the median advertised salary from Sept. 2021;
- Facebook posted more jobs than any other organization in Q4 even though the company does not have an office in Louisiana - this reflects the increasing number of remote and flexible work options available to workers;
- Employers in the healthcare and tech industries are increasingly seeking candidates with degrees from higher ed institutions:
(% postings with Associate's or higher)
(% postings with Bachelor's or higher)
Q1 2021 42% 52% Q2 44% 61% Q3 49% 78% Q4 62% 85%
- Communication is the most sought-after common skill by employers, showing up in one-third of all job postings;
- There are currently more job postings in the logistics industry (5,499) than at any time since May 2019, and these positions advertise a median advertised salary of $52,700;
- There were almost 2,100 unique job postings for registered nurses which represents a 271% increase relative to last quarter, and these positions advertise a median salary above $104,000;
- The two most in-demand occupations in the industrial sector are supervisory positions, highlighting the opportunities available for upskilling employees to managerial positions.